Permanent full time position
This role will join the Applications Engineering team on a permanent full time basis, based in Chile, reporting to the Global Sales Engineer.
This position proactively identifies each Customer’s technical requirements and finds solutions to obtain the necessary information required for RME to develop the Engineered-To-Order (ETO) equipment design, often through collecting measurements and other information from a site visit.
A focus area of the Regional Applications Engineer (RAE) role is to provide technical support to RME’s Business Development Managers (BDMs) and assist in the sales process for RME’s Engineered-To-Order (ETO) equipment. An essential mechanism for success in this role is the identification and refinement of RME’s Customers’ technical requirements, working in close collaboration with a Business Development Manager (BDM).
The RAE supports the BDM in meetings with RME Customers and stakeholders (such as EPCs, EPCMs, Mill Suppliers and various third-party suppliers). This position also develops and maintains a general overall close working relationship with RME affiliates including mill manufacturers, liner manufacturers, engineering consultants, grinding media and bolt suppliers on a day-to-day ongoing basis.
This position is focused primarily on RME’s Capital sales market and RME’s suite of engineered Mill Relining technologies.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Degree-qualified in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
- Bi-lingual Spanish and English
- Experience in supporting technical sales within an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
- At least 5 years’ experience in a mining project engineering environment
- Experience with a parametric 3D modelling package (e.g. Solidworks)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to simplify complex engineering topics and discuss with a broad range of stakeholder types
- High-level communication and presentation skills to represent RME at all levels at mine sites, mining company head offices, mining engineering consultant firms and other organisations
- Ability to work independently, with remote supervision
- Ability to undertake domestic and international travel to customer mine sites, occasionally located in countries where travel risks need to be managed
- Ability to adhere to a structured processes within a dynamic environment
- Tri-lingual – English/Spanish/Portuguese
- Experience working on large projects with EPCMs
- Knowledge and experience with the maintenance programs of grinding mills, in particular relining
- Possession of a current Driver’s Licence
Please direct your applications to email@example.com quoting reference RA10121 by 4 January 2021.