Permanent full time position
This role will join the Customer Relations team on a permanent full time basis, reporting to the Chief Customer Officer.
The Partnerships Director (PD) is responsible for optimising RME’s strategic partnerships at executive (head office and group functional leadership) level within hard rock mining corporations and at Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (METS) sector level globally, in particular with grinding mill and grinding mill liner suppliers. Done successfully, this ensures RME’s thought leadership position globally as well as engagement at all levels within the target market; which, in turn, builds brand value and competitive advantage while delivering revenue growth.
The Partnerships Director provides seasoned leadership and judgment in partnering with key sector and industry stakeholders to coordinate strategic opportunities and ongoing relationship advancement, ensuring the creation of sustainable shared value. This includes acting as the ‘voice of the partner’ within the organisation.
The role also leads the strategic partnerships discipline within RME, acting as a partnerships champion, mentoring relevant stakeholders and proactively supporting talent development initiatives.
Consistent with RME’s vision and values, and in a manner that embodies its corporate identity, the Partnerships Director performs internal and external brand ambassadorial activities in support of organisational objectives and enhances personal and organisational understanding of industry developments.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Significant experience (ideally 10+ years) in developing and leading multiple strategic partnerships at a corporate and industry/sector level, ideally within an international context
- Demonstrated record of delivering high-performance results in a strategic partnership context
- High level strategic thinking and the ability to combine a collaborative and consultative approach with commercial acumen and business strategy to develop compelling plans for new partner initiatives and the creation of mutual value
- Must be comfortable with complexity, demonstrate well-developed critical thinking techniques, adaptability in unexpected situations and comfort dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty
- High level executive decorum, public speaking and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal, influencing and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work both independently and as an integral member of a team and with people from a variety of backgrounds
- High-level proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications (particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and a CRM application (ideally MS Dynamics)
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, ideally to a post-graduate level
- Experience and well-developed contacts within the METS sector, ideally in a global context
- Knowledge of and a wide range of contacts within the hard rock mining industry
- Possession of a current QLD ‘C’ Class Open Driver’s Licence (required)
- Possession of, or eligibility to acquire, a recognised Passport (mandatory)
- Some work outside of conventional business hours may be required.
- Regular domestic and international travel may be required in this role.
Please direct your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference PD10121 by 11 January 2021