Casual, unrostered position
‘FIFO / DIDO’ role involving domestic and international travel
Clean police clearance(s) and pre-employment medical required
Due to growth of RME’s Mill Relining business division, we are looking for Mill Reliners to join our cohort of fly-in-fly-out (FIFO) / drive-in-drive-out (DIDO) workers on a casual, unrostered basis.
Mill Reliners are a mixture of skilled (trades) and semi-skilled workers who are called upon to participate in mill reline activities at RME Customer sites across Australia and around the world. Working safely, cooperatively and harmoniously as part of a large crew, you will be required to perform manual duties and / or operate plant and equipment, potentially within confined spaces as directed by reline specifications.
As a site-based mining industry role, it is vital that you are committed to safety and have a strong work ethic, coupled with a level of physical fitness that allows you to work shifts of up to 12 – 13 hours’ duration, potentially in physically demanding conditions. Overall, a reline activity can take several weeks at a time to complete.
In return RME offers a supportive team culture, diverse opportunities for career development and the chance to work for an innovative world leader in the mining industry.
- Understanding of and compliance with RME HSE policies and processes, as well as Customer site requirements, at all times
- Conduct skilled and semi-skilled work on a mill reline in an efficient, productive manner under limited supervision and direction
- Work as a member of a larger group in order to achieve reline objectives
- Manual labour and operation of plant and equipment in line with Safe Operating Procedures (SOPs) and on-site requirements
- Active participation in regular Toolbox Talks
- This position involves domestic and international travel as a core component – workers should be willing and able to be away from home for up to several weeks at a time
- A valid passport is required for overseas relines
- A clean Australian federal police clearance is required, as well as a police clearance for any country you have resided in for a period of 12 months or more over the past 10 years
- Your employment as a Mill Reliner is subject to the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment medical examination and ongoing medical assessments, including drug and alcohol screening
Skills, qualification and experience
- A level of physical fitness enabling the worker to perform manual / lifting duties for extended periods of time, potentially over a shift of 12 – 13 hours’ duration
- Strong work ethic with ongoing personal accountability and positive attitude
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to work functionally and cooperatively within a team
- Ability to accept direction and instruction from team leaders and supervisors at all levels
- Strong commitment to a safe working environment and adherence to safety-related policies and processes at all times
- Previous experience as a member of a mill reline crew and / or exposure to mine site shutdown work
- An understanding of the concepts of mill relining and / or the operation of mining equipment and processes
- Possession of a current Open Driver’s Licence (required)
- Confined Space Ticket (required)
- Working at Heights Ticket (required)
- Manual handling Training (required)
- Possession of a current Forklift Licence (desirable)
- Possession of a current Crane Licence (desirable)
- Dogman / Rigger Ticket (desirable)
- First Aid Training (desirable)
All applications must include a short cover letter addressing the skills, qualifications and experience as outlined above and be submitted by email to careers@rmeGlobal.com.
Candidates applying for this role must be prepared to undergo an extensive recruitment process, which may include a medical screening with drug and alcohol testing and a federal police check.
Candidates submitted via recruitment agencies will not be accepted.