Permanent full-time position
Based in Toowoomba
There is now an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join the Asset Support Team on a permanent, full-time basis.
The Asset Support Engineering team works closely with RME’s Regional Service Centres to quote, design and deliver equipment updates, support for major machine overhauls and RME’s in-field Technicians. As the first point of contact for engineering support, the Mechanical Engineer will often be required to respond expeditiously to situations that affect our Customers’ maintenance shutdowns. Working with legacy designs and data, the Mechanical Engineer must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with often incomplete information to deliver quality outcomes for our Customers’ assets.
The Mechanical Engineer will be required to produce documentation that supports the sustainment and upgrade of RME’s in-service equipment. Such documentation may include Commercial Offers, FEA reports, detailed calculation sheets and engineering reports. Having demonstrated experience in a 3D CAD environment, the Mechanical Engineer will carry out design and produce detailed drawings required to progress any given part or assembly from concept to ready for manufacture.
The Mechanical Engineer will be required to plan and perform professional engineering work with minimal detailed supervision. Some guidance from a Senior Engineer or an Engineering Team Leader would be required on the more unusual or challenging aspects of any given task.
The Mechanical Engineer is expected to be an active participant in continuous improvement within Asset Support and the larger RME Engineering cohort. The Mechanical Engineer may also, at times, be responsible for the training and mentoring of less experienced draftspersons and engineers as directed by the Engineering Team Leader.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Degree-qualified in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering (BENG, BENH or equivalent).
- At least 2 years’ experience with a professional 3D modelling package.
- Demonstrably strong mechanical aptitude.
- Basic knowledge of material sciences and hydraulic principles.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work under minimal close supervision.
- At least 2 years’ experience in detailed Finite Element Analysis.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a service support engineering environment.
- Demonstrable experience with Enterprise Resource Planning software.
- Demonstrable experience with Product Lifecycle Management software.
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic circuit design principles.
- Intermediate knowledge of reliability engineering concepts.
- Possession of a current QLD ‘C’ Class Open Driver’s Licence
Please note that we are employing the service of a local recruitment agency for this staff appointment.
All applications must include a short cover letter addressing the Skills, Qualifications and Experience as outlined above and be submitted by email to email@example.com by 15 July 2020.