Permanent full-time position
Based in Toowoomba
Russell Mineral Equipment (RME) is a unique engineering design, technology and manufacturing company. We invent machine systems and provide service-based solutions for problems encountered in the world’s mining and mineral processing industries. With a history spanning more than 30 years, RME has grown from being a very small company with just one employee to one which today operates in 57 countries, has four international Regional Service Centres and employs more than 400 personnel worldwide. RME is a multiple award-winning Australian exporter, attaining induction into the Australian Exporters Hall of Fame in 2009 and is a global employer of choice.
There is now an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Draftsperson to join the Asset Support Engineering team on a permanent, full-time basis.
RME’s Asset Support Engineering team works closely with Regional Service Centres across the world to quote, design and deliver equipment updates, support for major overhauls and troubleshooting with in-field technicians. Within the Asset Support team, the Mechanical Draftsperson is responsible for the creation of detailed drawings suitable for production of high-quality mining equipment, completing drafting and small design tasks within defined time periods.
Duties of the Mechanical Draftsperson include, but are not limited to:
- Preliminary layout and detailed design of various aspects of high-quality mining equipment, progressing parts and assemblies from 3D models to completed drawings
- Checking and quality assurance of engineering drawings to relevant standards
- Communication of required changes to drawings as part of Quality Assurance (QA) function via manual ‘mark-up’ of drawings, progression of drawing file through Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM) workflow and / or verbal communication as appropriate
- Possible supervision, training and mentoring of less-experienced draftspersons as directed by the Engineering Team Leader
The Mechanical Draftsperson will be expected to function effectively in a team-based environment, both within Asset Support and in dealings with other areas of RME.
In return RME offers a diverse and supportive team culture, broad opportunities for career development and the chance to work for an award-winning and reputable employer in the mining industry.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in 3D modelling and detailed drafting of fabrication drawings
- Demonstrated commitment to quality engineering
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Trade experience in a related industry
- Demonstrably strong mechanical aptitude
- Basic knowledge of material sciences
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic principles and design
- Ability to work under minimal close supervision
- Ability to manage a small team in order to accomplish project goals
- Possession of a current Open Driver’s Licence (desirable)
All applications must include a short cover letter addressing the Skills, Qualifications and Experience as outlined above and be submitted by email to careers@rmeGlobal.com by 17 February 2020.
Candidates applying for this role must be prepared to undergo an extensive recruitment process, which may include a medical screening with drug and alcohol testing and a federal police check.
Candidates submitted via recruitment agencies will not be accepted.