Permanent full-time position
Based in Toowoomba
Russell Mineral Equipment (RME) is a unique engineering, design, technology and manufacturing company. We invent machine systems and provide service-based solutions for problems encountered in the world’s mining and mineral processing industries. With a history spanning more than 35 years, RME has grown from being a very small company with just one employee to one which today operates in 57 countries, has eight international Regional Service Centres and employs more than 450 personnel worldwide. RME is a multiple award-winning Australian exporter, attaining induction into the Australian Exporters Hall of Fame in 2009 and is a global employer of choice
There is now an exciting opportunity for an IT Systems Engineer to join the Information Systems team on a permanent full time basis.
The IT Systems Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Undertake planned changes to servers, storage and network systems
- Undertake changes and patching on assigned dates
- Commission and decommission new items to servers, storage and network systems
- Support project work with appropriate technology solutions
- Planning and design of additional technology capability
- Identify, troubleshoot and debug defects in designated application code
Skills, qualifications and experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- At least 3 years’ experience in Microsoft Hyper-V
- At least 5 years’ experience Windows Server technologies, including AD, DNS, Kerberos and TCP-IP
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Office365 administration
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, with the ability to prepare and present professional reports and proposals
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a cohesive, team-based environment
- Demonstrated ability to work within a security-centric environment
- Degree-qualified in Information Technology or other relevant discipline
- Experience with Dell server and storage hardware
- Experience with Dell switch hardware
- Experience with Sophos Wi-Fi and UTM / XG hardware
All applications must include a short cover letter addressing the skills, qualifications and experience as outlined above and be submitted by email to careers@rmeGlobal.com by 11 January 2021.
Please note: We will have limited staff working through the Christmas/New Year period (18 December to 4 January) and therefore there may be a delay in response to your application during this period.
Candidates applying for this role must be prepared to undergo a recruitment process, which may include a medical screening with drug and alcohol testing and a police check.
Candidates submitted via recruitment agencies will not be accepted.