Permanent full-time position
This role will join the Applications Engineering team on a permanent full time basis, reporting to the Applications Engineering Manager.
The primary purpose of the Global Sales Engineer (GSE) role is to coordinate the Regional Applications Engineers to provide technical support to RME’s Business Development Managers (BDMs) and assist in the development of sales opportunities for RME’s Engineered-To-Order (ETO) equipment.
Reporting to the Applications Engineering Manager, this leadership role focuses on building and managing the team of Regional Applications Engineers in RME’s regional offices. The Global Sales Engineer will also support the General Manager – Mill Relining System Sales in meetings with RME’s customers.
The Regional Applications Engineering team proactively identifies the Customer’s technical requirements, finds solutions from RME’s ETO product range and works to determine innovative and even new mill relining product solutions to meet each Customer’s needs. They support the BDMs in meetings with RME Customers and stakeholders (such as EPCs, EPCMs, Mill Suppliers and various third-party suppliers). They also develop and maintain working relationships with RME affiliates including mill manufacturers, liner manufacturers, engineering consultants, grinding media and bolt suppliers on a day-to-day ongoing basis.
This position is focused primarily on RME’s Capital sales market and RME’s suite of Engineered-To-Order (ETO) Mill Relining technologies.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Degree-qualified in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience in supporting technical sales within an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
- Leadership experience of teams 4+ direct reports in a customer facing engineering environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to simplify complex engineering topics and discuss with a broad range of stakeholder types
- High-level presentation skills to represent RME at all levels at mine sites, mining company head offices, mining engineering consultant firms and other organisations
- Ability to undertake domestic and international travel to customer mine sites
- Experience leading remote teams
- Experience working on large projects with EPCMs
- Knowledge and experience of the maintenance programs at mineral concentrators, in areas relating to grinding mills and associated equipment
- Experience with a parametric 3D modelling package (e.g. Solidworks)
- Possession of a current QLD ‘C’ Class Open Driver’s Licence
Please direct your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SE11020 by 4 January 2021.