Permanent full-time position
This role will join the Customer Relations team on a Permanent Full-Time basis, reporting to the Chief Customer Officer.
The General Manager - Product Management & Marketing (GM-PMM) is responsible for the commercial success of RME’s Product Portfolio through the profitable and sustainable anticipation, identification and satisfaction of the organisation’s target markets’ requirements. Done successfully, this builds brand value, ensures competitive advantage and delivers revenue growth.
This role incorporates business model design and ensuring that portfolio strategy and goals support, are aligned with and do not deviate from, RME’s organisational strategy and goals. In turn, this is achieved through defining the vision for the portfolio and effective leadership, development and oversight of the Product Management and Marketing Communications Teams to ensure the strategic development, market launch, and continual support, improvement and promotion of the Product Portfolio, consistent with RME’s brand values.
To achieve appropriate commercial return on investment, the GM-PMM provides direction, coaching and support to his/her direct reports. In the case of Product Managers, this will centre around their facilitation of market strategy, ensuring delivery of measurable value to Customers, and maintaining and enhancing the Product Portfolio’s and RME’s reputation and reach. In the case of the Marketing Communications Manager, this support will relate primarily to ensuring alignment between portfolio strategy, integrated marketing communications (internally and externally) and public relations.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Significant experience (ideally 10+ years) in Product Management, ideally including leadership of a successful Product Management Team/Function
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, ideally to a post-graduate level
- Demonstrated record of delivering high-performance results
- Excellent understanding of Strategic Marketing and the Product Lifecycle
- Strong leadership, talent and team development and decision-making skills, a collaborative and engaging approach and the ability to lead, promote and affect change
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills, including confident and persuasive public speaking ability
- Demonstrated ability to work at all levels of an organisation and to develop credibility, build confidence with and influence management and peers
- Demonstrated ability to develop a detailed understanding of Customer needs, preferably within a niche business-to-business environment
- Demonstrated ability to establish, develop and maintain strong, sustainable Customer and partner relationships
- Demonstrated ability to develop a detailed understanding of, and build effective relationships with, internal departments and external partners
- Project Management experience, including managing roadmaps of products and deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to identify business opportunities and build strategies to generate and qualify demand using a consultative approach
- Significant commercial experience including responsibility for pricing, Customer and/or channel investment decision making
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge and understand a complex business, using quantitative analytics to drive decision making, including deal tracking of won and lost opportunities
- High-level proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications (particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and a CRM application (ideally MS Dynamics)
- Significant experience (ideally 5+ years) in product marketing
- Experience in managing a multi-disciplinary marketing team
- Significant commercial experience in managing a P&L
- In-depth knowledge of the hard rock mining market and technology adoption patterns
- Proficiency in a PLM application (ideally PTC Windchill) and an ERP application (ideally MS Dynamics/D365)
- Relevant industry training and/or certification, e.g. in product or project management
- Possession of a current QLD ‘C’ Class Open Driver’s Licence (required)
- Possession of, or eligibility to acquire, a recognised Passport (mandatory)
- Some work outside of conventional business hours may be required
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required in this role
Please direct your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference GM10121 by 11 January 2021.