Permanent full time position
Russell Mineral Equipment (RME) is a unique engineering, design, technology and manufacturing company. We invent machine systems and provide service-based solutions for problems encountered in the world’s mining and mineral processing industries. With a history spanning more than 35 years, RME has grown from being a very small company with just one employee to one which today operates in 57 countries, has eight international Regional Service Centres and employs more than 450 personnel worldwide. RME is a multiple award-winning Australian exporter, attaining induction into the Australian Exporters Hall of Fame in 2009 and is a global employer of choice
There is now an exciting opportunity for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join the Information Systems team on a permanent full time basis.
Duties of the Business Intelligence Analyst include, but are not limited to:
- Understand, analyse and document scope and business requirements, building custom dashboards, reports and business applications.
- Handle analysis and data modelling design using data collected in a centralized data warehouse or multiple data sources throughout the organization.
- Review and validate customer data as it’s collected, Develop business rules for the collection and analysis of data; monitor analytics and metrics results.
- Support Senior Applications Analyst Programmer to develop and identify technical solutions to business problems, providing technical documentation using formal business standard templates.
- Plan, design and develop new feature functionality for software applications.
- Identify, troubleshoot and debug defects in designated application code.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- At least three years’ experience in a similar role, particularly in Data warehouse, Data modelling, and Data mining.
- At least two years’ experience in Azure Analytics tools: Data Factory, Data Lake, Data Bricks, and Analysis Services.
- At least one year of experience in programming language tools and environment, such as C# and Visual Studio.
- At least one year of experience in PowerBI, PowerApps, Power Automate and Excel Pivot reports.
- At least one year of experience in a source code control environment such as DevOps.
- High level of literacy in working with large data sets, including structured and unstructured data.
- Experience in the practical application of Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a cohesive, team-based environment.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, with the ability to prepare and present professional reports and proposals.
- Degree-qualified in Information Technology or other relevant discipline
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Experience in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
All applications must include a short cover letter addressing the skills, qualifications and experience as outlined above and be submitted by email to careers@rmeGlobal.com by 11 January 2021.
Please note: We will have limited staff working through the Christmas/New Year period (18 December to 4 January) and therefore there may be a delay in response to your application during this period.
Candidates applying for this role must be prepared to undergo a recruitment process, which may include a medical screening with drug and alcohol testing and a police check.
Candidates submitted via recruitment agencies will not be accepted.