12-month fixed-term contract
Night shifts (hourly rate + additional loading)
Based in Toowoomba
Russell Mineral Equipment (RME) is a unique engineering design, technology and manufacturing company. We invent machine systems and provide service-based solutions for problems encountered in the world’s mining and mineral processing industries. With a history spanning more than 30 years, RME has grown from being a very small company with just one employee to one which today operates in 57 countries, has four international Regional Service Centres and employs more than 400 personnel worldwide. RME is a multiple award-winning Australian exporter, attaining induction into the Australian Exporters Hall of Fame in 2009 and is a global employer of choice.
RME is now looking for a Boilermaker to join the Fabrication department on a 12-month fixed-term contract basis.
You will be responsible for the efficient fabrication and welding of RME-manufactured equipment to a high standard of workmanship and safety, and must have a genuine interest in fabricating high-quality, high-performance, specialised machines.
Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills – such as an ability to take direction, respond positively to criticism and be proactive in seeking feedback – are critical to success in this role.
Please note that the successful candidate must be willing to work night shift. Additional night shift loading of 15% will be payable.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in flat plate fabrication, with the ability and desire to produce the highest-quality fabrications to AS1554 parts 1 and 4
- Experience in reading and interpreting Engineering drawings
- Demonstrated organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to approach situations with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Trade-qualified in the area of Metal Fabrication or Boilermaker
- Post-trade certified in AS1796 certificates 7, 8G and 9
- Experience with Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) and Submerged Arc Welding (SAW)
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing Toolkits experience
- Basic IT proficiency, including Microsoft Office software
- Possession of a current Open Driver’s Licence (required)
- A current ‘MR’ Class driver’s licence (desirable)
- A current Forklift licence (desirable)
- A current Overhead Crane licence (desirable)
All applications must include a short cover letter addressing the Skills, Qualifications and Experience as outlined above and be submitted by email to careers@rmeGlobal.com by 18 February 2020.