As a visible member of the community and industry in which we operate, Russell Mineral Equipment is regularly asked to sponsor, support and assist organisations and individuals to undertake a wide range of activities and events.
RME is pleased to be able to continue to support such ventures, and has established a set of guidelines that will enable people seeking sponsorship understand RME’s preferences for the types of sponsorships that we will most likely support.
Request for support generally come in two forms:
1.Sponsorship: support paid in return for access to commercially exploitable benefits associated with an event/individual.
2.Donations: support gifted to benefit charitable purposes and/or causes.
RME’s Directors set aside a fund each financial year for the purpose of sponsoring and donating to worthy individuals and organisations. We aim to allocate this fund fairly and according to merit.
RME prefers to accept sponsorship proposals that:
- Align with RME’s values
- Promote the value of education, particularly in the fields of maths, science, languages, technology and engineering
- Provide community and/or economic benefits
- Support charities, environmental causes, and community events
- Support school or university activities that feature an engineering aspect
- Support charitable activities of customers
RME is not able to provide support for:
- Proposals that denigrate, exclude or offend on the basis of race, colour, sex, age, religion, national or ethnic origin or physical disability.
- Proposals that do not reflect appropriate community standards
- Proposals that may be a hazard to the community or may endanger the health or safety of spectators or participants
- Proposals that have negative environmental effects
- Proposals that have received support from a competitor or organisations which represent an alternate image to the which RME wishes to present
- Proposals that provide individual gain or profit outside the area for which they are seeking sponsorship.
- Proposals from registered political parties or groups that expound a particular religious opinion
- Proposals from people who have not honoured sponsorship agreements with RME in the past
- Proposals from an organisation with which sponsorship involvement could be misinterpreted as a bribe or kickback
- Proposals that fund capital works, amenities, equipment or wages unless the promotional or educational benefits are a significant component of the sponsorship
RME will treat each sponsorship proposal confidentially and any personal information will be used only for the purpose of assessing the application.
Proposals must be submitted preferably, at least 3 months prior to an event (earlier submission if possible may help ensure that sponsorship financial allocation is available), and will be assessed within one month of the receipt of the application. Applicants will be notified by mail within this period.
Proposals must address as many of the following details as applicable to be considered:
- Contact details of the organisation and a contact person with whom RME may discuss the application
- A description of the proposal including the objectives of the organisation or individual seeking sponsorship
- The background (and experience and credentials) of the organisation/individual seeking sponsorship, and any key personnel involved in the proposal
- An outline of previously-run similar events
- Audience/participant demographic and projected attendance
- The value and form of sponsorship sought (goods, cash, time)
- The start and finish dates of the sponsorship – the timing of a single event, and whether an ongoing periodic commitment is sought
- How RME’s sponsorship will be recognised (signage, editorial mentions, advertising copy, website exposure, naming rights) and the relative monetary value of that recognition
- Other promotional opportunities available to RME (onsite display, right to use footage/photographs from the event, links from the organisations web site to RME’s website)
- Other confirmed sponsors
- Indemnity insurance/public liability
- If an RME representative is required to attend
- Other relevant information to support your application.
RME prefers proposals to be emailed, but files attached to emails should be kept under 5mb in size. Proposals do not need to be long but they should provide RME with the information required to asses the application.
RME reserves the right to protect its corporate identity, and the use of any logos, fonts, colours and images associated with RME must be consistent with RME’s stated Corporate Identity Guidelines. RME’s Marketing Coordinator is available to assist with any query regarding the application of RME’s Corporate Identity elements
Each sponsorship proposal must be sent to:
Russell Mineral Equipment
Attention: Marketing Coordinator
PO Box 100
Toowoomba Qld 4350
Or preferably by email Marketing.Team@rmeGlobal.com
RME’s decision to accept or decline any particular sponsorship proposal is final, and no further correspondence will be entered into. RME also reserves the right to withdraw sponsorship if the proposed event is amended or fails to progress as per the manner described in the proposal.
For any further information regarding sponsorships and donations, please contact use the Contact Us form.