A key objective of RME is to minimise undesirable effects on the environment in every part of its operations. To achieve this objective, RME is committed to providing the necessary resources to ensure that at RME workplaces, the impact on the environment is minimised and pollution is prevented at every opportunity.
Product design is considered to be one of RME’s competitive advantages in the marketplace, so it is imperative to consider the environmental impacts of these designs. RME will incorporate environmental risk minimisation into the design of new products and where applicable and practical, redesign existing products and processes to minimise their environmental effects.
RME undertakes to:
- comply with applicable laws, regulations and relevant Australian, International and Industry Standards, and other requirements
- establish measurable objectives and targets to ensure continual improvement of environmental performance and prevention of pollution
- assess new materials and/or processes prior to use
- seek ways to minimise the consumption of resources
- seek ways to minimise the production of emissions and wastes requiring disposal and to provide and support training programs to promote an environmentally friendly workplace
- integrate environmental, safety and quality systems to provide efficiencies in management
- obtain and maintain and certification of the RME Environmental Management System to ISO 14001 standard requirements.
The RME Management Team is committed to minimising environmental harm. Managers, Supervisors, Coordinators and Team Leaders have overall responsibility for executing environmentally safe procedures and are accountable for ensuring the Environmental Management System is working effectively.
RME makes the above commitments and in doing so, expects the full support and cooperation of all employees, visitors and contractors.